If you are a Bear Grylls or Ray Mears wannabe, you will want to pay close attention to the stunning timepieces we are about to reveal as they were especially built for adventurous souls. If it is resilience, toughness and uncompromising nature that you are looking for in a watch, you will be delighted to hear that some of the world’s most famous watchmakers have collections which were crafted with adrenaline seekers in mind. Let’s take a look at some of the best:
1. Montblanc Sport Watch – Price £3,740 ($5,650) – Montblanc is one of the world’s most recognisable and respected Swiss watchmaker, and is well known for its diverse selection of luxury timepieces. Its sports collection of watches is one of the most visually impressive and robust on the market. This awe-inspiring Montblanc Sports watch will be perfect for any explorer.
It boasts some pretty impressive features, such as 200m water resistance, a black stainless steel DLC casing and a black alligator leather strap. You will definitely bring out someone’s adventurous side with this devilishly attractive luxury timepiece.
2. Breitling Professional Watch – Price £4,940 ($7,480) – Breitling watches are positively synonymous with luxury and are famed for their aviation style such as the fantastically stylish, yet understated, Breitling Professional watch above. This eye-catching timepiece is a limited edition from Breitling and is designed with professional pilots (or adventurers, perhaps?) in mind. The strength of this watch lies in its reliability and user-friendly design which make it perfect for the aviation fraternity.
It offers some jaw-dropping features which belie its fairly understated design, such as a 12/24hr LCD digital display, dual time zone with independent alarm, “Aero” black steel mesh bracelet, 50m water resistance and oversized hands with NVG-compatible backlighting system which allows for day and night time use. All in all, the perfect adventurer’s watch.
3. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Watch – Price £18,490 ($27,950) – If it’s the ultimate in luxury adventure style watches that you’re after (and you have exceptionally deep pockets) this phenomenally crafted and visually astounding Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore watch has everything you could possibly need and more.
One of the sportiest watches from this world-famous watchmaker and one that will stand up to practically anything that you can throw at it. Boasting a highly striking octagonal bezel, 55 hour power reserve, 42mm diameter case, scratch-resistant and glare-proof sapphire crystal glass as well as a self-winding calibre 3126/3840 movement.
4. Panerai Luminor Watch Price – £4,900 ($7,400)– Panerai watches are a rarity in the sense that they are one of the few luxury watchmakers who didn’t originate in Switzerland. Founded in Florence in 1860, these superbly crafted timepieces are now one of the most recognisable in the world and this is courtesy of quality watches such as the first-rate Panerai Luminor watch pictured above.
The bold, distinctive design of Panerai watches is something that allows them to stand out from the crowd despite an undeniably simplistic watch face, free from clutter which can be apparent with other mainstream watchmakers. Panerai watches like this are perfect for adventurous souls as they were originally designed to be used by the Italian naval forces during WWII.
5. Chopard Classic Racing Watch – £5,430 ($8,210) – For adventurous types who feel the need for speed, this fantastic Chopard Classic Racing watch will tick all of the right boxes. It boasts an uncompromising design which is incredibly striking and bold.
With multi-destination time readings, COSC-Certified Swiss-made mechanical movement and a power reserve of 46 hours, you will certainly be able to get into plenty of adventures without having to worry whether your luxury timepiece will be able to stand up to the rigors.
Photo credits: The Watch Gallery